To celebrate the get ‘Ready for Sport’ campaign, Guinness World-Record holder and adidas Runners Dubai & Abu Dhabi Captain Lee Ryan shares five tips and five locations for the ultimate 5K virtual run experience.
The five invaluable tips every runner needs for the 5K Virtual Run:
- Remember this is a RUN and not a RACE. 5km is still 5km no matter the pace.
- If it’s been hard to get motivated, perhaps use this as the start point to get fitter.
- Being virtual, you can do it any time and anywhere on Sunday.
- Don’t overthink it. Keep it fun and maybe invite some friends to share the experience. Do not forget water!
- Be sure to have a warm up before and remember to warm down after.
The five best spots to complete the Virtual 5K Run in Dubai:
- A location which suits you is always the best place in my opinion. Sometimes running around your compound or neighborhood before or after work when the kids are in bed is the best.
- The Umm Sequim beach track is a favourite. It’s clear, next to the beach, has good parking and some water stops along the way.
- The Dubai Canal is a hidden gem for many. Either running past the tolerance bridge or further into the city by the Dubai Creek Harbour water front at sunset.
- Dubai Marina is hectic and full of the city’s energy. You will for sure see many others running along the water front.
- The Palm crescent is another hidden gem. The broadwalk along the creasent is stunning. Starting from Atlantis, running toward the Burj Al Arab, the sunrise view will not disappoint you.
Last but not least, Lee’s final tip for 5km Virtual Run outdoors is to keep cool during the run, and for that grab the latest adidas Heat.RDY performance apparel which is now available in adidas stores in the Middle East and online at www.adidas.ae with prices starting from AED 239.