BodyAttack is a high-intensity fitness class that combines athletic movements like running, jumping and lunging with strength exercises such as push-ups and squats. This is a class that caters to all fitness levels from beginners to athletes having loads of options to increase and decrease the intensity levels. Your limits will be challenged and you will leave the class with a sense of achievement. On top of that you can burn up to 800 calories.
Benefits of BodyAttack:
- It is a whole body workout that tones and shapes up while burning loads of calories.
- It builds stamina and the sports inspired moves will improve your coordination and agility.
This is one of the more complex movements found in a BodyAttack class. I will break it down for you and also provide a high intensity option to test your skill.
- Start with your feet wider than your hips. Toes and knees slightly out.
- Push the hips back and down into a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor.
4. Jump your feet back into a plank position maintaining the hands under the shoulders whilst keeping the back straight.
5. Then jump your feet back into a squat, push the hips back and down and push through your legs to stand up.
Mid-high intensity option:
Execute a triceps push-up all the way to the floor for step four. Keep your elbows tucked in.
If you want to make it more intense add a tuck jump.