They say that overhead squats are one of the best if not the best core exercises out there.
It’s a unique kind of exercise because you need to have weight over your head and at the same time you’re activating your core throughout the whole movement.
Here are a couple of things you have to keep in mind:
- have your feet shoulder-width apart
- make sure you have the weight centered on the top of your body
- have your armpits facing forward – this is called an ‘active shoulder position’
How to do it:
- Get the weight into a back-grab position with your hands into a nice wide position on the bar
- With your feet shoulder width apart, you’re going to dip and drive.
- Now, with the weight above your body and your armpits facing forwards, you’re going to squat down and engage your core. Remember to open those hips up.
- Hold if for a second and then drive back up. Drop the weight and you’re done!